New Orleans, Louisiana, renowned as the birthplace of jazz and a cultural melting pot, exudes a vibrant energy that captivates visitors from around the world. From its historic architecture to its lively music scene and delectable cuisine, the city offers a unique and unforgettable experience. Join us as we embark on a virtual journey to explore the top places to visit, the best restaurants, theme parks and shows, top-rated hotels, historic landmarks, sports teams, and uncover the fascinating history of New Orleans.
Iconic Bourbon St. in the French Quarter
Top Places to Visit
- French Quarter: Immerse yourself in the heart of the city, where you'll find iconic landmarks such as Bourbon St., vibrant music, and delicious cuisine.
- Jackson Square: Experience the historic heart of New Orleans, featuring stunning architecture, street performers, and the iconic St. Louis Cathedral, the oldest running Catholic church in America.
- The Vue: A new 4D Museum with state of the art graphics, skyview, interactive rooms, and digital inspired galleries of food, art, and music.
- Garden District: Stroll through picturesque streets lined with historic mansions, charming boutiques, and quaint cafes.
- National WWII Museum: Discover the compelling history of World War II through immersive exhibits and personal stories.
- Audubon Park: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and relax in this beautiful urban park, featuring picturesque oak trees and a golf course.
- Commander's Palace: Indulge in refined Creole cuisine and enjoy the award-winning culinary experience in a historic setting.
- Galatoire's: Delight in traditional New Orleans fare and experience the lively atmosphere of this renowned French Quarter institution.
- Cochon: Savor mouthwatering Cajun and Southern-inspired dishes showcasing the flavors of Louisiana.
- Brennan's: Experience a classic New Orleans brunch or dine on innovative Creole creations in a charming and elegant setting.
- Leah's (Dooky Chase's Restaurant): A legendary spot known for its soulful Creole cuisine and its significant role in the Civil Rights Movement.
- Deanie's: One of the most popular seafood restaurants in New Orleans. Known for it's oysters, etoufee, and large pieces of fish.
- Cafe Du Monde: A national staple of the city. Known for it's French breakfast beignets.
- Willie Mae's Chicken: One of the oldest running Soul Food restaurants in America. Known for it's delicious original that has been served to Presidents.
Theme Parks, Shows, and Activities
- Steamboat Natchez: Embark on a nostalgic steamboat cruise along the Mississippi River and enjoy live jazz music and breathtaking views.
- Preservation Hall: Immerse yourself in the heart of jazz with a visit to this historic venue that hosts intimate live performances.
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas: Dive into an underwater world filled with marine life, including sharks, penguins, and sea turtles.
- Mardi Gras World: Get a behind-the-scenes look at the captivating floats and elaborate costumes used during New Orleans' famous Mardi Gras celebration.
- City Park: Explore the expansive park, home to beautiful gardens, art installations, New Orleans Museum of Art, and the iconic Carousel Gardens Amusement Park.
- Cemetary Tours: Several tours of New Orleans' unique burial grounds throughout the city.
- Ghost Tours: A tour of all the mansions throughout NOLA history which have reportedly recorded ghosts living in them.
- Swamp Tours: You can literally get on boats in groups and ride through the swamps, even feed the alligators.
The Roosevelt Hotel
- The Roosevelt New Orleans: A historic and luxurious hotel offering elegant accommodations, a rooftop bar, and renowned restaurants.
- Hotel Monteleone: An iconic French Quarter hotel known for its classic charm, literary history, and a revolving Carousel Bar.
- Windsor Court Hotel: A sophisticated hotel boasting luxurious amenities, including a spa, a rooftop pool, and fine dining options.
- The Pontchartrain Hotel: A boutique hotel with a vintage vibe, offering stunning views, a rooftop bar, and stylish rooms.
- Ace Hotel New Orleans: A trendy and hip hotel located in a historic building, featuring unique design elements and a vibrant atmosphere.
St. Louis Cathedral
Historic Landmarks and Sports
- Historic Landmarks: New Orleans is home to notable landmarks such as St. Louis Cathedral, the French Market, and the historic New Orleans Streetcars.
Cesar's Superdome (Home to the New Orleans Saints)
- Sports Teams: New Orleans is proud to be the home of the New Orleans Saints (NFL) and the New Orleans Pelicans (NBA).